We specialize in data recovery at a logical level and on slightly faulty drives. By doing this it allows us to continue offering affordable data recovery solutions to our customers.
General advice: (For Data Recovery cases ONLY)
1. Ensure that no further alterations are made to the storage device where the lost files were located. Do not save files to the damaged disk. It is best to shut down the computer.
2. Inspect the affected disk. Don't work on disks with damaged hardware. Symptoms that a hard drive has hardware problems:
SMART inspecting programs report a severe hardware failure event. We use our data recovery programs for such inspection.
If you believe that the hard drive in the computer is malfunctioning, DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH IT ON YOUR OWN! Do not try to run a scan or recovery procedure or try to use some other data recovery software. Remember, tampering with a drive in this condition will inflict more damage to your files and you may even lose all your data for good. We have special equipment, software, and most importantly, the required skills to work with such drives.
1. Upon receiving your online request, our data recovery specialist will study your case and determine the best course of action. Within 24 hours you will be contacted via a phone call, an email or both. We will do our best to analyze the severity of the data loss you are experiencing.
2. Based on the information we gather from you, if we determine that a logical data recovery service will be the most suitable solution in your case, we will recommend a course of action.
3. After a verbal agreement, we will email you a quote/invoice and detailed instructions on how to send your device to us. We will not work on your device until we get your authorization.
4. Upon completion and receiving your payment, we will transfer the recovered data to a good drive. You have the option to provide one with your device or we can provide you with a new hard drive at an additional cost. The cost of a new drive will depend on the size needed to store your data.
5. To protect your data, we will encrypt the new drive and also assign a password to access your files.
6. Once you receive your recovered files, we highly recommend you access your data. Our data recovery specialist will follow up to confirm your satisfaction.
1. Secure the drive/media inside a faraday bag or an anti-static bag if available.
2. Wrap it with bubble wrap or a similar packaging material.
3. Place it inside a small box (preferable not larger than 4x6) or any shipping container that protect it from physical damage during shipping.
Ship your hard drive or storage media to AK DataRecovery, LLC P.O. Box 960722 Miami, FL 33296.
It's highly recommended you include shipping insurance. (AK DataRecovery,LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS DURING SHIPPING)
During initial shipping, we also recommend that you provide an additional storage media for us to transfer the recovered files into it OR if you desire, we can provide you with a new SSD drive for an additional charge. The cost of the target drive depends on the storage size capacity needed to transfer your recovered data.
1. Our lab receives your device(s) and it is inspected by our intake person. Photographs and documents pertaining to the request are entered into our secured database server and gets encrypted.
2. A data recovery specialist will initiate a device/media diagnostic.
3. A file list report of recoverable data is generated.
4. Data recovery specialist will image your drive using advanced hardware and software tools.
5. The image gets processed with professional data recovery software.
6. An exhaust deep scan is done to carve as much data as possible.
7. A search for the requested files is conducted or all data gets recovered.
8. The integrity of the recovered data gets analyzed.
9. The recovered data gets transferred to an encrypted storage media.
* The above process is only for data recovery cases, we follow different industry standards and methodology protocols for forensics services and those are discussed only with authorized law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, law firms' attorneys and private investigation agencies. Please, provide your agency's phone number and email for verification purposes when submitting your request.
This is an exclusive service for law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, law firms and private investigation agencies. Please, send a detailed request, name and a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.